Thursday, August 13, 2009

Normalcy for Me.......

Schofield Barracks Foote Gate Pictures, Images and Photos

As I am driving to my husbands job yesterday I pass airmen running, soldiers PT'ing in the middle of the road.

The speed limit from 6:30-7:45pm is only 10mph. Doesn't matter that their are actually people who need to get offpost to other jobs or to the Army Airfield across the street to get to the middle school. Our brave men and women own the road until a quarter to 8.

I pass a convoy of humvees with soldiers sitting at the top as if where about to go to war right here onpost.

As I am driving back from hubbies job I see a blowup doll on the side of the road with soldiers practicing CPR or something of the other on it.

I see soldiers doing the infamous soldier crawl on the ground holding there rifles.

When I get home I hear bullets flying over at the range that is around the corner from my home, along with a cannon or two. Lest not forget the constant buzzing of helicopters that looks like huge black mosquitos. I watch those fly towards the mountains most days from my porch.

They do this just as normal while everyday moms like me ride past to drop there kids off to school. The kids think it's soooo cool and I have to admit mommy does to.

3 comments: