Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where Will We Live?

So it's pretty much come out in my other posts so I mind as well just blatantly spit it out. My husband is in the Army. I had tried to keep it quiet simply because I talk about it constantly on my other blog www.armywife101.com where I am documenting our countdown to deployment and just my life as a Army wife.

Anyhow we have 3 more years until my husband decides weather he will choose to reenlist or if he will get out permanently and we can truly start our lives in one place.

Before we moved to Hawaii in March of this year, we were stationed in Savannah GA. I admit people that I am obsessed with GA. I love being in the center of it all. If we want to jump up and go to Florida for a weekend we can quickly or we could hop down to Charleston SC or ATL.

I have been doing my research for almost 3 years where in GA I want to live in and I have chosen Cobb County. I must admit it feels extremely weird to make these kind of future plans when our future is so darn uncertain.

I think I found my dream house or the house I want mine to be similar to:

Ok ok I know probably alittle to fancy but hey Im from NY where this house would probably be well over a $1,000,000 and in GA it's $250,000.

In any event I chose something alittle more realistic :


Not bad for $160k right?

As much as I love the Army lifestyle and living on a military base and all that goes along with it, I am truly looking forward to living a nice normal live in the GA suburbs.

2 comments:

  1. Well that sounds really nice. Georgia is very nice but a bit too busy for me in the ATL/ Metro area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful houses. I like to visit Georgia. I don't think I could live there.
    I'm surprised you aren't at the beach everyday.

    ReplyDelete